[ovirt-devel] oVirt engine 4.0 will require WildFly 10 / EAP 7

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 12:09:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

we are going to merge patches which drop EAP 6 support [1] and require
WildFly 10 / EAP 7 [2] for oVirt engine master on Monday January 18th
at 10:00 CET.

This is a huge step as we will finally be able to use all new features
provided by WildFly 10 (J2EE 7, Java 8, RESTEasy 3, ActiveMQ Artemis,
Hibernate 5, ...).
Upgrade of code base to use those new features will be done incrementally,
for example this patch [3] cleans up our CDI related code and upgrades
to CDI 1.2.

So on Monday please upgrade WildFly packages on your development machines
to:

  ovirt-engine-wildfly-10.0.0
  ovirt-engine-wildfly-overlay-10.0.0

and rebase your patches on top of latest master.

To ease backporting of patches to oVirt 3.6 we have already merged patches
which made oVirt 3.6 compatible with WildFly 10, but please bear in mind
that oVirt 3.6 have to be compatible with EAP 6 and there are no plans
to upgrade it to WildFly 10!

Please contact me or other members of infra team if you have any issues
with this upgrade.

Thanks

Martin Perina

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/48208