[ovirt-devel] Packaging: Rationale for some split packages

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:28:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Milan Zamazal <mzamazal at redhat.com> wrote:
> I work on inclusion of Vdsm into Debian.  I don't know what are the
> reasons for having separate `infra', `xmlrpc', `yajsonrpc', and
> `jsonrpc' packages.

- infra package contains infra related modules like zombiereaper,
sygutils (core infra utils)
- xmlrpc package contains xmlrpc binding code (optional and can be
disabled in config.py)
  this package will be removed once we decide to drop xmlrpc
- jsonrpc package contains jsonrpc binding code (optional and can be
disabled in config.py)
  this package is required to process jsonrpc based rpc calls
- yajsonrpc package contains stomp related server side code (required for rpc)
- api package contains vdsm and gluster (optionally) schemas and code
to process them
  used for rpc validation required by jsonrpc