[ovirt-devel] SyNc meeting - Vdsm 26.1

Yaniv Bronheim ybronhei at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 15:58:23 UTC 2016

(ybronhei, piotr, fromani, mzamazal, edwafh, ydary)

Hi,

Yaniv Dary raised the desire to modify vdsm name to ovirt-host-agent. The
motivation is to align with ovirt components (ovirt-agent, ovirt-engine,
ovirt-host-deploy, ovirt-node .... and so on). In addition, vdsm versions
are not aligned with ovirt versions at all (historical reasons which we
keep to avoid upgrade issues).
GSS gets many questions about the differences between vdsm and other
components in ovirt, and this will make their life easier.
Basically, we all agreed that it is a good direction to have consistency
with other components in ovirt but ovirt-host-agent sounds less than what
vdsm actually does (sounds like ovirt-host-manager fits better).
Yaniv will send official mail to devel list and we'll discuss it more
deeply there.

Francesco backported health patches merged to ovirt-3.5, will be published
as part of vdsm v4.16.33 (https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/52699  h
ttps://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/52700 <https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/52700>
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/52701) it can help for later investigations
with 3.5 vdsms.

Milan works on debian packing, he arranges the mess we have under our
current Debian folder. He currently discovered issues with sanlock package
in debian which he still investigates.

Greetings,

--
*Yaniv Bronhaim.*