[ovirt-devel] qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 landing on snapshot repos

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 09:58:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Michal Skrivanek <
michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2016, at 16:08, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> We're testing [1] to see if it will make system tests work until we'll
>> have official centos 7.3 repos.
>>

>> [1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/66244/
>>

> After an afternoon spent by Eyal trying to get CI working with 7.3 test
> repos we decided to rollback and keep qemu 2.3 until CentOS 7.3 will be out.
> The test repo is still too unstable to rely on it.
>

> Too bad.
> It complicates 4.1 development significantly, we can’t move forward with
> features without being able to run CI on the right platform.
> We need to have a better plan for future

In yesterday CentOS Interlock conference we've discussed about qemu-kvm-ev
2.6 and CentOS 7.3 and agreed on syncing the release to avoid breakages.
CentOS CBS will have 7.3 packages available for doing the build starting
from next Monday.
If we want early testing there on 7.3 packages, we need to move testing
jobs to ci.centos.org so we'll have always latest centos bits before they
get released GA.

See how it works at redhat.com