[ovirt-devel] [Call for Vote] moVirt as a Full oVirt Project

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 08:08:08 UTC 2016

Same, +1 for moVirt

> If someone wants to run the project test or build it, the right way
> to vote is by sending patches and making it happen.
>
> I think we should get out of our gerrit silo and move all ovirt
> projects to github. This will give ovirt much better visibility.
>
> Here are some projects developed on github:
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd
> https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes

I have a very similar opinion. *Development* could move more towards github.
If nothing else, this gives much better visibility and lowers the barrier to contribution.

This doesn't mean we should shut down the existing infra: it fully makes sense to have CI,
releases and final docs on ovirt.org, though.

--
Francesco Romani
Red Hat Engineering Virtualization R & D