[ovirt-devel] Verify Grade (-1) for check_product and check_target_milestone hooks

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 08:38:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Francesco Romani <fromani at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 02/05/2017 12:39 PM, Tal Nisan wrote:
>
> Great, thanks!
> I will let you know if something doesn't work as it should
>
> On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Shlomo Ben David <sbendavi at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tal,
>>
>> I'm going to apply today the verify grade (-1) for the following hooks:
>>

>>    1. *check_product* - if the patch project is not the same as the bug
>>    product will return a verify grade (-1).
>>    2. *check_target_milestone* - if the patch branch major version is
>>    not the same as the bug target milestone major version will return a verify
>>    grade (-1).
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>

> Let's consider this scenario: we just begin developing the 4.2 version on
> the master branch; we just released the 4.1.0 version, so we have the 4.1.z
> branch, and we are still supporting the 4.0.z branch.
> Let's consider a bug which needs to be backported in the 4.0.z branch,
> from master, of course passing throgh 4.1.z
>
> 0. bug target milestone is 4.0.N+1 (last release is 4.0.N)
> 1. patch on master -> OK
> 2. patch backported first time on branch 4.1.z
>    -> check_target_milestone fails! branch major 4.1, bug target 4.0
>
> It seems that this flow doesn't cover the case on which we need a double
> backport.

We are aware of that option, i.e "clone candidate" bugs, and if we see that
the bug has 2 version flags ( e.g ovirt-4.1 + ovirt-4.0 ) then it shouldn't
give -1.
If it still fails on bugs that are 'clone candidate' then its a bug and we
should fix it.

> Bests,
>
> --
> Francesco Romani
> Red Hat Engineering Virtualization R & D
> IRC: fromani

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)