[ovirt-devel] Adding s390 support to oVirt

Viktor Mihajlovski mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Nov 24 09:05:06 UTC 2017

On 21.11.2017 11:26, Dan Horák wrote:
[...]
>> qemu s390x emulation does not work with code compiled for z12.
>> Would a real virtual machine be what you need?
>> The Fedora team DOES have access to a z13. Not sure how much
>> resources are available, but can you contact Dan Horak (on cc) if
>> there is enough spare capacity.
>
> Christian is right, we have a publicly accessible guest running Fedora
> on the Marist College z13 mainframe. It's currently used by ~5 projects
> (for example glibc and qemu) as their build and CI host, so adding
> another project depends how intensive ovirt's usage would be.
As a first step one could only build the packages needed for the KVM
host. At this point in time that would be vdsm and ovirt-host, both are
building rather quickly.
It should be possible to ensure that only these are built on a s390
system using appropriate node filters.
[...]
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards