[Engine-devel] Task Manager Design Review

Maor mlipchuk at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 10:34:28 UTC 2012

Hi Moti,
I got a few questions regarding the Task Manager design:

Do we still need zombie tasks after this change, since I saw the user
can now end the process from the GUI?

What should be the behaviour when user will try to end step deleteVolume
from the GUI? How will it reflect the entire Job?

Referencing DB scope, Will step_name and external_system_type will be
reflected by enums? if they are, maybe its better to use int instead of
String in those fields.
Would not it be better to declare correlation_id and external_id as UUID
instead of String.

Does the task name is calculated on create, or should it be persisted in
the DB?

Besides that, looks very good!

Regards,
Maor Lipchuk