[Engine-devel] Task Manager Design Review

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 11:38:40 UTC 2012

On 01/02/2012 12:34 PM, Maor wrote:
> Hi Moti,
> I got a few questions regarding the Task Manager design:
>
> Do we still need zombie tasks after this change, since I saw the user
> can now end the process from the GUI?

I think we should still have a "safe-way" mechanism for the issue of
tasks that are not ended properly.

> What should be the behaviour when user will try to end step deleteVolume
> from the GUI? How will it reflect the entire Job?
>
> Referencing DB scope, Will step_name and external_system_type will be
> reflected by enums? if they are, maybe its better to use int instead of
> String in those fields.
We should carefully consider DB performance over readability/debugging
of DB. For example, JPA lets you define if the enum maps as string or
int to DB, and there is a reason why they let you choose :)

> Would not it be better to declare correlation_id and external_id as UUID
> instead of String.
+1