[Engine-devel] move disk command

Jon Choate jchoate at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 19:39:55 UTC 2012

On 01/16/2012 02:26 PM, Ayal Baron wrote:

> [...]
>>> 4) the source storage domain must exist
>>> 5) the source storage domain must be available
>>> 6) the target domain must exist
>>> 7) the target domain must be available
>>> 8) the target domain must have adequate disk space
>>> 9) the target domain cannot be an ISO or export domain
>>> 10) the source domain cannot be an ISO or export domain
> This may be unrelated, but user would be allowed to export and import a floating disk, right?
> I would like the ability to import *any* disk in the export domain as a floating disk, but in the least, export and import disks not associated with a VM.
This was not in scope for the work I am currently doing.  If this is
something desirable I think it needs to be prioritized and worked in at
a later time.  If it does need to happen now then we are going to need
to be able to do full crud for a floating disk I would think.