[Engine-devel] Advanced Nfs Options + NFSv4 GUI mockup

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Mon May 21 13:09:20 UTC 2012

No question that vdsm has very good defaults and only rarely should they be modified.
However, why not change everything via "mount options"? why do we have separate parameters specifically for "retrans" and "timeout" (in addition to "mount options")? As Geert said, we have also tcp, rsize, wsize, etc. So why "retrans" and "timeout" got parameters of their own and the others didn't (i.e. if there is a need to change tcp, rsize, wsize, the only way to do it is via the generic "mount options")?