[Engine-devel] LOCALFS path validation

Amador pahim apahim at redhat.com
Mon May 21 14:52:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm starting to know the engine code. I chose a little unstandardized
behaviour to follow through the devel process. I have a patch and I'd
like to know if you fell relevant to correct this issue:

path against regex, sendind the invalid path (with final slash) to vdsm
[2] [3]. But, adding a NFS storage, the path is validated before
contacting vdsm [4] avoiding extra vdsm processing and quickly/clearly
informing user about what's wrong.

- Expected result: Same behaviour to NFS and LOCALFS storage path
validation. Validate LOCALFS path in webadmin before send it to vdsm [5].

- Newbie doubt: Wouldn't be better to validate the both local and nfs
path on the backend, achieving all user interfaces/APIs?

[1] -
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FWNiou2Y12GZO3AjfCH6K7QAv8cs6edaj3fEcMleB60
[2] -
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Pof6Z8ohgQAkRTDpEJKG-LQAv8cs6edaj3fEcMleB60
[3] - https://gist.github.com/2762656
[4] -
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Fd3zWegWE0T5C2tDo_tPZrQAv8cs6edaj3fEcMleB60
[5] -
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PgzYrZHkkvm-WtFk_UFZLrQAv8cs6edaj3fEcMleB60

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Best Regards,
--
Pahim