[Engine-devel] LOCALFS path validation

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Mon May 21 18:37:15 UTC 2012

Hi Pahim,

Thanks for the input!
Comments inline.

Thanks,
Gilad.

----- Original Message -----

you may and should send a patch :)

> - Newbie doubt: Wouldn't be better to validate the both local and nfs
> path on the backend, achieving all user interfaces/APIs?

Because we have a rich client app (gwt), we can perform the validation also in the client side very easily,
we do that to avoid unnecessary calls to the backend side, and to have a better & responsive ui
(client side validation is performed instantly - without the need to wait).

Anyway, every validation performed in the client side needs to be performed also in backend side (for api, and other reasons (security?)).