[Engine-devel] REST-API: Exposing correlation-ID

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Tue May 29 05:56:00 UTC 2012

On 28/05/12 21:31, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 05/28/2012 02:35 PM, Ori Liel wrote:
>> Quite a few people liked flow-id, and no one objected to it
>> explicitly, so I'll just go with that.
>>
>> If someone feels strongly against, please reply.
>
> I still like 'label' better.
> it doesn't have the context of a unique id, and is much more correct to
> what this is - allows the user to label a command (or a set of commands).
> but also doesn't imply it's unique in any way (i.e., it's like a "tag",
> just a better, non overloaded term for it).

I think that flow-id is confusing. This id has nothing to do with flow,
it can aggregate multiple commands and it is not associated with a
specific user flow.

Correlation-Id is a common name for such Id, we took it from the
terminology used in JMS queues, but Microsoft and Oracle are using CID too.

* http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23842
*
http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/blogs/GetThePoint/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=353
*