[Engine-devel] [oVirt/RHEV 3.3 Localization Question #12] "Suspended" vs "Paused"

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 06:18:44 UTC 2013

Hi Yuko,

the difference between "Paused" and "Suspended" is that in Paused the state is
in the memory while in Suspended the state is copied to the disc.

In the portals when you press the || button you will suspend the machine.

You can run your machine in paused mode (in run once dialog or edit VM dialog there is a checkbox for it) or
your machine can end up in this state because of some error.

You can see this strings used as tooltips of the webadmin VM status icon.

Tomas