[Engine-devel] Engine local configuration

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 1 09:51:35 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

You don't need any admin to install at PREFIX=$HOME/ovirt-engine-root

We should make sure that we can run all components within PREFIX without root.

As far as I can tell, we do not actually need root access for 99% of the implementation, one of the trivial differences is to replace systemctl start/stop with direct script execution in non-root mode.

Alon