[Engine-devel] Problem in ovirt-reports sso

ly pan plysab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:43:25 UTC 2013

Thanks for the help, Oved

I want to add some info:
1. my environment is fc17, my browser is firefox.
2. I access admin portal using https (rpm has done that for me) while
my jasper configuration is http
    in db's RedirectServletReportsPage and
applicationContext-security-web.xml, every time I browse to
    dashboard the browser prompt me with the message about unencrypted
connection in encrypted page.
    Should I use https for jasper as well?
    If this is the case, what configuration shoud be added?

Thanks!

ly pan

2013/1/3 Oved Ourfalli <ovedo at redhat.com>:
> See comments/questions inline.
>
> Oved

Of course, see the attached files.

>> 5. add Reports.xml to the wenadmin folder and change
>> RedirectServletReportsPage in db
>> 6. generate a keystore using keytool and update
>> EngineSimplePreAuthFilter in applicationContext-security-web.xml
> You're supposed to create a trust store, that trusts the certificate of the oVirt engine. Did you do that?
I didn't add the certificate to truststore,my bad. But I changed the
trustStore file to the existing /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/.truststore
in applicationContext-security-web.xml, nothing changed at all.

>> 7. install the ovirt-dwh rpm package made from source and run
>> ovirt-engine-dwh-setup
>> 8. start the ovirt-engine service and the tomcat
>>
>> And all the projects, ovirt-dwh, ovirt-reports, ovirt-engine, is
>> build
>> from the latest source.
>>
>> When I browse to the dashboard in webadmin portal,it just shows a
>> jasper login page,
>> so the sso is not functioning, right?
> Can you please attach the jboss logs? (engine.log and server.log).
these two logs have no new messages when I browse to the dashboard,I
think it is not necesssary...but I'll attach it anyhow,
and please skip the earlier log messages about wrong db password.

>> I can login and browse jasper reports in a browser page normally.
>> So I try to login in dashboard using reports user, tomcat gives me a
>> Exception:
>>
>> "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An id is required to lookup a
>> FlowDefinition"
>>
> Not sure if that error is related or not, but hopefully the logs will point us to the problem.
the full stack trace is in the attach file catalina.out from tomcat logs.