[Engine-devel] oVirt Java-SDK

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 20:24:02 UTC 2013

Hi Lawrence,

On 01/14/2013 08:31 PM, Lawrence_Sepulveda at nmcourt.fed.us wrote:

> Hello Michael.  I wanted to extend my thanks for your great work on the oVirt Java-SDK.  We are running a RHEV 3.0 stack and I have been reviewing the oVirt
> Java-SDK to integrate w/Nagios for monitoring purposes.  That said, I'd like to request some minor changes to the Java API that would permit easier access for subclassing.
> If there is another more appropriate channel to make these suggestions, please let me know so I may follow through.
>
> In the org.ovirt.engine.sdk.Api class:
> - Add protected createConnectionsPoolBuilder(), createHttpProxyBuilder() and createHttpProxyBroker() methods that are called from the Api constructor(s)

ConnectionsPoolBuilder, HttpProxyBuilder using 'builder' design pattern, adding methods
accepting builder's parameters and invoking builder after analysing these params, will delegitimize
this pattern.

> In the org.ovirt.engine.sdk.web.ConnectionsPoolBuilder class:
> - Change private to protected for createDefaultHttpClient(), createPoolingClientConnectionManager() and createSchemaRegistry() methods
> - Change private to protected for get() accessor methods

The thing is that sdk creating abstraction over transport layer so all mentioned ConnectionsPoolBuilder methods
are considered sdk internals, may i ask why do you need this (use-case)?

> Thank you again for the great work on this API.  I am finding this API to be exactly what I was needing to monitor our RHEV 3.0 stack.

Thank you very much for your kind words, i really appreciate that.

> If I should redirect these requests to another communication channel, please let me know.

CC'ing engine-devel ML.

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D