[Engine-devel] Instance Types Feature

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 12:32:20 UTC 2013

Hi Laszlo,

it is not useful just for public clouds - it can be pretty useful for private as well. But to keep the previous way, it could be done this way:
- on the advanced screen (after clicking "show advanced options" you can specify the template)
- by default you pick on basic view the instance type (e.g. HW profile) and the Image (e.g. disk with some metadata such as OS type). But, you can select custom instance type (equivalent to  blank template) and no Image. In this case the template appears also on basic view and you can select it.

What do you think?

Tomas