[Engine-devel] Share Your Thoughts

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 13:41:46 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hi Adam,

Sorry for not being clear enough, the change of the comment free-text field should be an infra one,
and can be applied for all other comment fields, we will start with VM because it's required for now, and reuse the same code for other entities when needed.
I've discusses with Eli off-line and he came up with the same idea as yours (great minds think alike ;) - it's not just in advertising).
Personally, I think it's an overhead for now, there no problem adding it later, and it's quite simple actually.

3 comments:
* I think Eli's solution is nice to have but not complete. gave +1 because I thought it's a bigger feature that what he wants (a simple write to log), because in order to meet the RFE/bug 's requirements with logging, we need to pin the audit log into the entity itself (flag the entity according to audit log), IMHO logging isn't good enough UX-wise.
* Regarding Itamar's comment:
   1) Is this field is a tech preview? if not, we can still support strings in that field as well.
   2) Saving XML will allow us to get the RESTful API out of the box (just need to format it according to requested user's presentation).
   3) We can add the types as part of the API.
   4) Did someone say custom properties sheet in REST? :-)
* Regarding the cluster level config (requested in the bug, and implemented in the patch), if we are going on it, we need a separate thread on it (and I'm -1 on it, btw), a simple checkbox 'do not show this textbox/message again' in browser's local-data will do the trick.

Thanks,
Gilad.