Etherpad instance for ovirt

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 05:58:46 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'll give you my use cases, and I know there are others.

1. Getting ready for a meeting: agenda proposal
You start an agenda for meeting XXX on date YYY.
Then send the link to all participants. Each participant get his/her
entries highlighted in a different color, so people can see who proposed
what. Use inline chat while writing (aka collaboration...).
So you may end up with something like: http://blog.teachernz.com/files/2009/03/etherpad3.jpg

2. While in meeting
The pad is updated while everyone can see it, add comments if needed.
Think of the previous image with more comments.

3. Other potential case is looking at code snips;
Take a look here: http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/images/sessionbig.png

Just one comment WRT Karsten's remark on things which should not "live"
in the pad. I think it would be reasonable to keep pads alive for a day or so,
so people from different time-zones may catchup if needed. But I agree with
the concept that all pads may be deleted within one week from last change.
It's possible to add a default header to each newly created pad, which will
say that the pad will be automatically deleted within a week from last
activity date, so people will be aware of it.