Minor change in the per patch process.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Sun Aug 19 08:06:09 UTC 2012

On 08/19/2012 03:21 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 09:32:20PM -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
>> Part of the process now include creating rpm packages.
>> http://jenkins.ovirt.info/view/patches/job/patch_engine_create_rpms/
>> This allows people to download and test packages based on the change
>> if they want to.
> I wonder if this is needed by people. For me it duplicates the number of
> emails per change...
>
> BTW, I see that a failed job http://jenkins.ovirt.info/job/patch_vdsm_unit_tests/486/console
> does not set V-1 on the change. Could this be fixed? I'd like the poster
> and human reviewer to be perfectly aware that a change breaks unit
> tests.
>
> Regrads,
> Dan.
This was detailed in an earlier email.  There are limits related to the
current plugin and how it processes patches.  The issue is simple and
effects job when aborted because someone isn't in the whitelist.  I have
spent a lot of time testing diff options and the best I could come up
with is that we abort the process.  The biggest problem is the
gerrit-trigger plugin treats aborts as if they are a failure instead of
as a non event.  I tried several diff ways to make it a non event but
couldn't find one.  The choice I went with was to add text that they
failed and leave them at zero the other options was to mark all failure
/ aborts (Including people not in the whitelist) as a -1 that wasn't
really acceptable.  There are 2 diff bug reports and if either gets
fixed we will be able to -1 failures but until the are done I am very
limited on the options.

--
Thanks
Robert Middleswarth