vdsm hooks pages at ovirt.org

Dan Yasny dyasny at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 12:59:12 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

works for me, when can we have it up and ready to be populated?

> > > The big questions:
> > > * Who is doing the original design and content seeding?
> >
> > Myself, basing on the READMEs Shahar and other added to the hooks
> >
> > > * Who will own keeping things up to date going forward?
> >
> > We'll need a maintainer of course, depending on the amount of load,
> > initially that will probably be me, but ultimately - someone
> > dealing
> > with hooks in vdsm devel, or someone maintaining the rest of the
> > website
>
> It will probably need to be a combination.  Website maintainers won't
> necessarily know the correct content to update, but having the
> content
> provided by developers and then updated would probably work.

Perfect, that's what I meant

> > > It might make sense to initially put the content you want on a
> > > wiki
> > > page, and then transition it to a static page long term.
> >
> > I'd rather take it directly to a separate page - there's nothing
> > more
> > permanent than the temporary
>
> I would have proposed etherpad if that was already up and running,
> but
> it's not currently.  I was purely proposing wiki as a very short term
> staging environment.

I know, but once it's up there, the urgency gets taken away, and things might end up getting stuck or turning into a splitbrain between two locations. I'd rather start off properly and avoid it all

> > > As for the backend yum repo, that is pretty easily accomplished.
> > >  We
> > > can
> > > simply have a separate area in the releases for current vdsm
> > > hooks.
> >
> > Can you elaborate please? Where will the actual RPMs be taken from?
>
> You tell me.  My thought is that this will mirror the current
> versions
> in EPEL and/or Fedora.  My thought is that this is considered stable.

OK, so we basically rsync a set of RPMs directly from EPEL and fedora every few days? If this can be automated, I'm happy with that

you mean https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/vdsm-4.10.0-7.fc17 ?

> As things get added into the vdsm git repo and spec file, they'll get
> auto-built nightly in jenkins and mirrored to this repository.
> Currently, this includes:  faqemu, qemucmdline, and vhostmd.

Cool, the rest will start coming in now, that Federico is building them