Upgrading mediawiki

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 20:57:26 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 09:10 AM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently we're running a fairly old mediawiki version (1.16) and 1.19
> is out (and in EPEL-6 as mediawiki119). Should we upgrade?

Yes, that's come up in passing, although should we now be concerned
about any security exploits on 1.16 to make us rush?

Otherwise, who is interested in doing or helping with this?

We also need to look to see:

* Are there changes between the versions we need to prepare for?
** Database
** Extensions
** What else?
* What are the upgrade steps?
* How long should we plan an upgrade to take?

- Karsten