subbing lists to each other

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 16:16:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

OK - suggestions, then:

users@ - User issues - help, troubleshooting, configuration issues,
sharing experiences, etc. Users at will have mostly technical users of
oVirt or people in the process of installing it, plus some of the oVirt
developers (but we'd like to encourage our more technical users to
answer questions). The list could also serve as a gateway drug to
contribution, and we should ask here for help for initiatives which do
not require intimate knowledge of the code base - VDSM hooks, wiki
editing, documentation drives, etc.

arch@ - rename to developers@ - This will be the key developer mailing
list for oVirt, the place where we discuss project-wide changes, the
roadmap for future versions, release planning, where people can perhaps
propose patches for discussion, and where any issue affecting the
developer governance of the project will be discussed.

board@ - Issues related to the non-technical governance of the project
(ie things which require board approval). In the case of the website
redesign, for example, a final design, discussed beforehand on
developers@, would be submitted to board@ for approval.

infra@ - issues related to the management of oVirt infrastructure - web
services, developer infrastructure, etc.

vdsm-devel, node-devel, engine-devel, *-devel: Low-traffic lists related
to the specific implementation issues of the individual components.

In this schema, if you want to talk to the developers, you email
developers@ - if you have a suggestion specific to vdsm, you might
thread to vdsm-devel@ which requires feedback from the maintainers of
other projects should move to developers@ once that's ascertained.

How does that sound?