"Download" page: new design

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 16:21:14 UTC 2012

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, and that you and Dave both noticed the
implications of the design for the “Download” page.

For oVirt to be really successful, it needs to be super-simple for
installation and set up. We have to be user-focused, from one end to
the other — this includes the website, delivery method (one ISO for
CDs/USB sticks), and installation (as simple as possible). Of course,
oVirt itself, when it's up and running also needs to be usable too, but
I think the RHEV folks put some time into that already, so I'm
concentrating on the rest for now.

If we can't deliver a really polished all-in-one, installable ISO, then
we should spend effort to try to make it happen soon. (And, if it's not
feasible to do this in the immediate future, then I can also work on an
interim design that bridges the gap a bit too.)

I'm really glad to hear that it sounds like this will be possible.

Garrett