vdsm-hooks ovirt repo

Dan Yasny dyasny at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 12:31:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am working on setting $subj up.
I have tried to take the simple route
1. asked Federico to start building the hooks for Fedora
2. also asked him to start a push of the hooks to EPEL, so that we'll get an el6 RPM set of them
3. Working with Karsten on setting up plugins.ovirt.org which will be the website for everything pluggable, and under which I'll maintain the vdsm-hooks section

1 and 3 are well under way, but #2 fell through - see BZ#852329
In short, if a package doesn't exist in RHEL base channels, it cannot be put in EPEL.

So instead, what I need to somehow make happen is
1. An el6 build of vdsm-hooks that will be happening automatically
1.1 Who will be building these RPMs?
1.2 Where will they be built?
1.3 Who can set this build up?

2. An ovirt.org based repo that will hold these RPMs.
2.1 Who has access to set a repo up
2.2 Who has access to set up a script that will sync the repo to the built RPMs

Please reply if you are responsible for any of these bullets, so we can discuss and see how we cna move this forward

Thanks,
Dan