Hello all

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Tue Dec 4 12:27:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 11:05:49PM +0100, Alexander Rydekull wrote:
> I havnt really properly introduced myself. My name is Alexander Rydekull,
> can be seen at IRC as Rydekull. I am computer professional from Sweden with
> a big interest in Open Source.
>
> Professionally I work as a consultant for an IBM Premier Business Partner
> and also a Red Hat Partner(too mention a few partnerships) named EnjoyIT.
>
> I have been using Linux since 2001 and working with it in some form since
> 2004. I am a sysadmin by heart and I do not do programming, I script. I
> have experience from all kinds of different infrastructures, both small
> 1-box shops to large installations of 1000+ servers.
>
> I have offered to help out with the infrastructural parts of oVirt since
> like I mentioned before, I dont code, but I want to contribute to Open
> Source projects I believe in. oVirt certainly is one of those projects.
>
> I talked to quaid and he asked me to mail the list and introduce myself, so
> here I am.

First of all welcome. I think quaid asked the same thing, but what would
interest you? Some things we('re going to) work with:

* Gerrit
* Jenkins
* Mediawiki
* Foreman
* Puppet
* Git
* (... your project?)

Personally I think it's best to just join discussions both on the
mailing list and meetings and pick a project to dive into.