Maintenance outage :: www.ovirt.org :: 2012-12-11 01:00 UTC

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 05:40:19 UTC 2012

Well it seems like the user uploads are gone.

http://www.ovirt.org/File:Ovirt-guest-agent-sso-linux.png
http://www.ovirt.org/File:Rhevm-3-1.png
http://www.ovirt.org/File:Ovirt-guest-agent-sso-windows.png

On 12/11/2012 02:51 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> Hot deploy worked. I was able to follow the specific steps below, and
> the marker was set without stopping or restarting the app.
>
> Those with OpenShift access - to restart the app, you have to remove the
> wiki/.openshift/markers/hot_deploy file and push. The app should then
> restart on that push. You would then return it to hot deployable by
> replacing and pushing with the marker in place. To be safe, I would push
> the changes around hot_deploy marker by themselves, until we determine
> if it can be mixed in with other changes that would normally trigger a
> restart.
>
> On 12/10/2012 03:27 PM, Karsten (quaid) Wade wrote:
>> There is going to be a brief planned outage at 5 pm PST (0100 UTC)
>> today. The outage window is ten minutes. No downtime is expected
>> during the outage, but it may occur.
>>
>> == Details ==
>>
>> I want to setup hot_deploy for our OpenShift instance running MediaWiki.
>>
>> When I did this the other day, it failed to work properly. Refer to:
>>
>> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/infra/2012-December/001612.html
>>
>> This outage is another attempt to set the app to hot deploy. I intend
>> to do exactly this:
>>
>> * 'touch wiki/.openshift/markers/hot_deploy'
>> * 'git add wiki/.openshift/markers/hot_deploy'
>> * 'git commit wiki/.openshift/markers/hot_deploy'
>> * 'git push'
>>
>> If all works correctly, the app will be set to hot deploy without
>> doing a restart. If it goes like last time, I may attempt to
>> troubleshoot for a few minutes but no longer than 10 minutes. At that
>> time I will force restart the app.
>>
>> == Affected services ==
>>
>> www.ovirt.org (wiki)
>>
>> === Not-affected services ==
>>
>> lists.ovirt.org
>> resources.ovirt.org
>> gerrit.ovirt.org
>> jenkins.ovirt.org
>>
>> == Future plans ==
>>
>> Hopefully this hot deploy trick will allow us to make minor
>> configuration changes to the website without it having to restart the app.

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com