Maintenance outage :: www.ovirt.org :: 2012-12-11 01:00 UTC

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 07:03:38 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 09:40 PM, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
> Well it seems like the user uploads are gone.
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/File:Ovirt-guest-agent-sso-linux.png
> http://www.ovirt.org/File:Rhevm-3-1.png
> http://www.ovirt.org/File:Ovirt-guest-agent-sso-windows.png

Thanks for reporting this. I'm going to need a little more help to
figure out what happened.

A few hours after the maintenance I received a report that the site
wasn't responding, reporting a proxy error. I looked for a few minutes,
couldn't find an obvious problem other than the site not being
responsive. I issued a restart command, and the site came back up.

So it's possible that some recent changes were lost. Or the process of
my pushing changes caused it to lose recent images. (I'm now

What I don't see is all of the images gone. I see images on the site and
in the checkout, but not the ones you have missing.

It would be helpful to know what is actually missing, and to see if it
all is recent, or from across time.

If - as I suspect - my local out-of-date checkout (that didn't grab
anything when I did 'git pull') overwrote the images with my
lack-of-images ... that means the database entry is still there for a
file that is not. We would have lost (misplaced?) the images uploaded in
the last week. If we can figure out what is missing, I can just put them
back in place, and do a git add, commit, and push. Hacky, but it would work.

In the meantime, I'm trying to better understand how the appname/data/
persistent data folder works.

- Karsten