Missing login oprion in wiki pages

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 16:20:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 12/21/2012 07:25 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 12/20/2012 02:23 AM, Michael Pasternak wrote:
>> login works for me, thanks., however the toolbar to edit entire page
>> is gone.
>
> That sounds odd. You should only see that toolbar when logged in. So, if
> login now works for you ... you should be seeing the toolbar.

I asked Michael to share the source of a page to see if it is a
server-side or client-side issue - and the mark-up makes it to the
client, so it is a client-side issue. I don't know what the
browser/extensions/OS combination is, but it could be a Javascript or
CSS issue.

> ... but we just 'fixed' that by having the httpd rewrite all incoming
> *.ovirt.org to www.ovirt.org. You should *not* be able to pull up a page
> under the wiki.ovirt.org domain. But are you?

I still get to http://wiki.ovirt.org/New_website_tasks - my "fix" didn't
fix it. Need some mod_rewrite help :-)

> Otherwise, I'd guess that Dave's fix somehow triggered the toolbar to
> disappear, which isn't happening to (at least) me.

No, it's definitely not a server side issue. He has the toolbar mark-up
in the page.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13