Meeting :: oVirt Infrastructure Team :: 2012-07-03

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 15:24:34 UTC 2012

Minutes:
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-07-03-14.00.html

Minutes (text):
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-07-03-14.00.txt

Log:
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-07-03-14.00.log.html

==============
#ovirt Meeting
==============

Meeting started by quaid at 14:00:28 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-07-03-14.00.log.html .

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* Introductions (short)  (quaid, 14:02:10)
  * LINK: http://ovirt.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team_meetings#2012-07-03
    is the agenda  (quaid, 14:04:38)
  * IDEA: Publican quickstart for OpenShift to run Publican-based doc
    sites  (quaid, 14:07:05)

* Agenda affirmation - anything to add?  (quaid, 14:08:18)
  * LINK: http://ovirt.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team_meetings#2012-07-03
    (ewoud, 14:08:37)

* Review of open infrastructure topics - what do we care about?  (quaid,
  14:10:13)
  * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team_task_list
    (quaid, 14:11:25)
  * LINK: http://ovirt.org/wiki/Design_of_oVirt_project_infrastructure
    (quaid, 14:12:19)
  * ACTION: Fill out infrastructure design page with a list of hosts and
    what goes on top of them, as a way to feed our scope discussion
    (quaid, 14:15:03)
  * ACTION: Plan to potentially move Jenkins from EC2 to a dedicated
    host for performance and cost reasons  (quaid, 14:15:28)
  * AGREED: Linode box == kitchen sink, jenkins, gerrit, and slaves are
    mostly EC2  (quaid, 14:15:56)
  * IDEA: Puppet or chef FTW!  (quaid, 14:16:03)
  * ACTION: setup a Puppet server for ovirt infra  (quaid, 14:18:32)
  * ACTION: Define what is the purview of infra@ and what is purview of
    generic arch@  (quaid, 14:33:32)
  * LINK: http://fedorareloaded.com/   (sgordon, 14:35:37)
  * LINK: http://www.fedorareloaded.com:8080/TopicIndex/Books/index.seam
    (sgordon, 14:36:13)

* 07:24 < skvidal> quaid: in the private git repo  (quaid, 14:37:13)

* How are we going to be more open & enable others to do Infra work?
  (quaid, 14:37:36)
  * ACTION: Finish building trust on the mailing list  (ewoud, 14:51:01)
  * ACTION: quaid to propose himself as seed for a trust circle on
    infra@  (quaid, 14:56:25)

* Formal meeting at an end, informal chat which we'll log for now since
  we're on the same topics :)  (quaid, 15:03:53)
  * ACTION: quaid to do first draft of services, servers, and
    infrastructure design for
    http://ovirt.org/wiki/Design_of_oVirt_project_infrastructure
    (quaid, 15:11:21)

Meeting ended at 15:16:47 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* Fill out infrastructure design page with a list of hosts and what goes
  on top of them, as a way to feed our scope discussion
* Plan to potentially move Jenkins from EC2 to a dedicated host for
  performance and cost reasons
* setup a Puppet server for ovirt infra
* Define what is the purview of infra@ and what is purview of generic
  arch@
* Finish building trust on the mailing list
* quaid to propose himself as seed for a trust circle on infra@
* quaid to do first draft of services, servers, and infrastructure
  design for
  http://ovirt.org/wiki/Design_of_oVirt_project_infrastructure

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* quaid
  * quaid to propose himself as seed for a trust circle on infra@
  * quaid to do first draft of services, servers, and infrastructure
    design for
    http://ovirt.org/wiki/Design_of_oVirt_project_infrastructure
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Fill out infrastructure design page with a list of hosts and what
    goes on top of them, as a way to feed our scope discussion
  * Plan to potentially move Jenkins from EC2 to a dedicated host for
    performance and cost reasons
  * setup a Puppet server for ovirt infra
  * Define what is the purview of infra@ and what is purview of generic
    arch@
  * Finish building trust on the mailing list

People Present (lines said)
- ---------------------------
* quaid (170)
* ewoud (51)