Gerrit's gitweb page is missing public git url

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 04:55:21 UTC 2012

On 07/06/2012 09:00 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 18:10 +0300, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 07/05/2012 02:48 PM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I just noted that the public gerrit gitweb page is missing the public
>>> git url to a repo.
>>>
>>> E.g.: ovirt-node-tests
>>> Gitweb page: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-node-tests.git
>>>
>>> Names http and private git url:
>>> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/ovirt-node-tests.git
>>> ssh://.../ovirt-node-tests.git
>>>
>>> Public git url (git://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-node-tests) is missing.
>>> It would be nice if this url could also be displayed, as git transport
>>> is faster than http.
>>>

>> its the same for all projects, not just ovirt-node-tests.
>> find me how to configure it and i will...
>
> In the gitweb.conf (or the equivalent), set:
> our @git_base_url_list = qw(git://gerrit.ovirt.org
>                              ssh://gerrit.ovirt.org);

I wish it was that easy...
gerrit passes its own (for example, you will get the ssh link from
gitweb if you are logged in to gerrit, etc.).
and it manipulates git_base_url_list accordingly.

http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/source/browse/gerrit-httpd/src/main/java/com/google/gerrit/httpd/gitweb/GitWebServlet.java