jenkins slaves

Douglas Landgraf dougsland at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 17:08:54 UTC 2012

Hi Karsten,

On 07/11/2012 10:26 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On 07/10/2012 10:41 PM, Douglas Landgraf wrote:
>> Hi Eyal,
>>
>> On 07/10/2012 02:53 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
>>> Hi Douglas,
>>>
>>> If any dependency is missing you can always send an email to
>>> infra at ovirt.org and request to install it.
>> ok
>>> As for getting access to Jenkins slaves in ovirt ->   that
>>> requires being a member of the infra team and approval of its
>>> memebers/trust seeds.
>>>
>>> If you feel you want to contribute to the oVirt infra team,
>>> please send a request to infra at ovirt.org with some background
>>> (team, project, redhat exp,etc...).
>> hum, could you please provide a detailed example?
> Douglas, sorry, you happened to arrive just as we are more formally
> creating the Infra team, which means we are just figuring out how to
> give out access, and so forth. Your question is a good one, we need to
> get that up on our wiki page so it's clear what we mean by
> contributing to get involved.
Thanks for the feedback. If I could suggest a possible evaluation for
cases like mine (which require shell access):

* This person contain contributions in the upstream project? (git log,
wiki, QA, documentation, etc. Could help to determine)
* The upstream maintainer of project [agree/trust] with that? (need to
contact maintainer)

> In the meantime, if we cannot be your eyes-in-the-shell for you ...
> I'm wondering if you could diagnose with basic user ssh access? I.e.,
> without sudo.
> Then another of us can do the actual fix, etc. (That
> also would be an example of contributing, and similar to how we're
> looking to set things up with limited ssh, Puppet, configs in git, etc.)
It could be a good start.  However, still require contact additional
people (not good for quick fixes).

Thanks!