Infrastructure for Jenkins

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 16:06:37 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 08:51 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 17:57 +0300, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 07/12/2012 05:55 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:

+1

Robert - are you interested in working on the package autobuild for
RHEL & rebuilds?

I figure we have the Fedora expertise already. Anyone know enough to
get the Debian/Ubuntu packages building? (Maybe even automate
populating an Ubuntu PPA?) Same questions for OpenSUSE.

We have a classic chicken-and-egg problem with being of interest to
the OpenSUSE. Debian, Ubuntu, etc. communities - we need builds to
generate the interest of people who would want to maintain the
packages in their downstream distro repo.

>> Also, 200GB disk seems a bit excessive to me.  Since this is
>> running on oVirt, maybe a thin provisioned disk would be a good
>> choice.  The slaves generally don't need as much disk.

Let's keep iterating on the content on http://ovirt.org/wiki/Jenkins,
not just the service minimums, but cleaning the setup steps, etc.

- - Karsten
- --