Jenkins and RHEL 6.2

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Fri Jul 13 03:30:47 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 11:48 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 10:59 -0400, Eyal Edri wrote:

Well all the packages are built from a tar file but SPRM wont work for
Debian based systems.  On my testing system creating the .tar.gz file
takes like 10 seconds.  But having an updated tar.gz file on every
master commit could be useful.  Not sure how much having a pre-done src
tar is going to save in actual build time.  Although having diff build
packages for each distro makes a lot of since.  I am all about steps to
make something happen.  I can think of some steps we could go though to
convert the process but at best it would be based on my basic knowledge
you know the current build process and would be best for you to outline
the steps to get the changes in place.  What steps do you think are the
best steps to getting the process changed up?

Thanks
Robert

>>> Thanks
>>> Robert