Jenkins and RHEL 6.2

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 03:50:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 23:30 -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 11:48 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 10:59 -0400, Eyal Edri wrote:

So my thoughts in general on this (can be applied to any code based
sub-project except node):

Job 1:  build source (done on latest fedora and/or rhel host)
	generates source tarball
	generates srpm
	exports both as artifacts
Job 2: Build Fedora 17 RPMs
	takes srpm artifact from Job 1
	uses mock to build F17 RPMs
Job 3: Build EL6 RPMs
	takes srpm artifact from Job 1
	uses mock to build EL6 RPMs
Job 4-X:  Build RPM for Distro XYZ
	takes either SRPM or tarball depending on distro
	build distro specific packages

As for the code to do each job, I don't know all the ins and outs of
building each individual component, but something like a make dist
and/or a make srpm should provide the needed artifacts.

I also don't know mock very well, but I'm pretty sure it's pretty
straightforward for most packages.

Potential problems that I see:

1.  spec files will need massaging for el6 and f17 diffs
2.  will need distro specific spec file equivalents for each distro we
support
3.  possible missing options to create srpm and src tarball

ovirt-node:

only really supported on fedora right now.  We could possibly build
packages for el6 and other distros that contain the fedora based iso,
but not sure if that is really useful or not.

As for an EL6 based image, that will take some work to figure out as
well (and not sure if that's really a major driver at this point or
not).

Mike