Repo structure and the upcoming 3.1 release.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Fri Jul 13 22:50:41 UTC 2012

With 3.1 pending release we should think some about the structure of the
repo's and how we are going to handle the 3.1 release.and the retirement
of the 3.0 builds.

I think it would be bad to keep the 3.0 builds in the F16 folder. But I
also don't think we should remove the folder either.

This is the time to ask questions.

1) Do we want to make any changes to the layout?
2) How do we want to handle older versions?
3) Do want to keep the beta's around after the stable is moved to 3.1?

For now I suggest we do the following.

1) After 3.1 is released we move the stable 3.0 F16 builds in to
archive/3.0/f16 off the release folder.
2) Reserve Nightly for Jenkins builds of 3.2
3) clean out the 3.1 beta's Until we are ready to start testing 3.2

Does anyone else disagree with my idea's?

Does anyone else have what the feel is a better plan?

Thanks
Robert