Repo layout. We really need to make the call by Tuesday 2012/7/24.

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 05:54:58 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

i don't see the reason for 'stable|testing' dir in the version section.

i recommend:

release/$VERSION/$RELEASE-STATE/$OS/$OS_VER/$TYPE

$VERSION = 3.0,3.1,3.X
$RELEASE-STATE = released/beta/nightly
$OS = Fedora, RHEL, Ubunto, RHEVH
$OS_VERSION = 16,17,6.2,6,3
$TYPE = binary, src, tools

examples -> this is where jenkins will deploy nightly rpms:
release/3.1/nightly/fedora/17/[src | binary | tools]

i imagine that we'll deploy beta/release version manually when needed.

> With symlinks for stable and testing point to the current version for
> each.  I also suggest a symlink called
> release/fedora-ovirt-latest.rpm
> that points to the latest ovirt-release-*.rpm file.

not sure why this is needed and how we will update these sym links all the time ( manually ?)
people should know that d/l rpms from the 'stable' directory will give them stable release,
question is if we put more than one version or nighties in the unstable dir, or just the latest..
if we're keeping versions back then:

1. how many
2. need a cleaner to delete old version
3. keeping all version in a single yum repo is common practise?