Repo layout. We really need to make the call by Tuesday 2012/7/24.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Mon Jul 23 06:29:37 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 01:54 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:

> [...]
They would just be convent links to the current release and testing
releases.  Right now stable would point at 3.0 and testing would point
at 3.1.  Assuming 3.1 gets released on the 25th then the links would be
updated so stable would point at 3.1 and testing would point at 3.2

> i recommend:
>
> release/$VERSION/$RELEASE-STATE/$OS/$OS_VER/$TYPE
>
> $VERSION = 3.0,3.1,3.X
> $RELEASE-STATE = released/beta/nightly
> $OS = Fedora, RHEL, Ubunto, RHEVH
> $OS_VERSION = 16,17,6.2,6,3
> $TYPE = binary, src, tools
Agree with the structure.  Pretty much what I was recommending.

> examples -> this is where jenkins will deploy nightly rpms:
> release/3.1/nightly/fedora/17/[src | binary | tools]
My with the engine branched nightly should be called 3.2 not 3.1 since
they are master.  Although in theory would could have a folder called
master and one for each release?
> i imagine that we'll deploy beta/release version manually when needed.
I would actually prefer that we get the beta and release processes into
Jenkins and have Jenkins handle the beta and release builds it will make
it easier to push out releases without someone from the infra team
required to make anything happen.

>> With symlinks for stable and testing point to the current version for
>> each.  I also suggest a symlink called
>> release/fedora-ovirt-latest.rpm
>> that points to the latest ovirt-release-*.rpm file.

The idea is to create one place the documentation can link to that will
update over time without having to update the documentation.
> not sure why this is needed and how we will update these sym links all the time ( manually ?)
> people should know that d/l rpms from the 'stable' directory will give them stable release,
> question is if we put more than one version or nighties in the unstable dir, or just the latest..
> if we're keeping versions back then:
>
> 1. how many
I was thinking a few days worth.  Sometime it helps to keep a few days
worth in case something goes wrong with the create repo.
> 2. need a cleaner to delete old version
Yes.  We need a way to clean up old builds.
> 3. keeping all version in a single yum repo is common practise?
?  All Versions of oVirt?  Or all OS versions?