Nightly Jenkins backup are running.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Thu Jul 26 13:25:16 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 08:32 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 08:29 -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
>> On 07/26/2012 03:22 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
>>> Great!
>>>
>>> i think Jenkins puts his war file under /usr/lib/jenkins/jenkins.war also..
>> Added
> Why?  jenkins.war should be available from the jenkins website directly.
> Why would we be backing it up, unless we have some customizations that
> i'm not aware of.
>
> Mike
It is mainly to make it easy to restore in the event of failure. Lets
face it as a group we haven't been the best at updating stuff. Jenkins
is 1 version behind if we had to restore right now witch version would
you pull?  Would you have pull in the same version as the backups.
Granted we should upgrade and pulling in a newer version shouldn't be an
issue but if you are attempting to do a restore keeping the number of
moving part to a min is important.

Thanks
Robert