Moving Jenkins master ASAP

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Tue Jul 31 18:57:56 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 02:16 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 07:52:25AM -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>> On 07/31/2012 07:44 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>>> We need to pick a new hosting solution for jenkins.ovirt.org.
>>>
>>> One idea is for us to throw out some favorite hosting providers
>>> here, and see if we can sort out what would be a good solution.
>> This post is what made me aware that EC2 would be a dead-end for us
>> for now:
>>
>> http://blog.carlmercier.com/2012/01/05/ec2-is-basically-one-big-ripoff/
>>
>> In that post, the author used this host for comparison testing:
>>
>> http://joesdatacenter.com/
> My employer is a hosting provider so I'm somewhat biased here.

It not just about the provider.  I would need to see the bandwidth
charts on the current Jenkins but I assume Just about any provider can
handle it bandwidth needs.  But the server Jenkins Master needs to run
on.  EC2 isn't cutting it.  My testing box is a basic Sata drive and it
is running much faster but there is no user load on the box.  We really
need a box with raid 10 drives in it to handle the high IO needs.

--
Thanks
Robert Middleswarth