spam filter

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 18:20:48 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 01:15 AM, Dan Yasny wrote:

> [...]

We're currently hosting Mailman and Postfix ourselves.

postfix-2.6.6-2.2.el6_1.i686
mailman-2.1.12-17.el6.i686

My biggest concern with a spam filter is that it is another service
oVirt Infra has to own and maintain. Is there someone interested in
helping with ongoing support for it?

One reason this matters is that eventually we could have the option of
using OpenShift for Mailman, and I don't know if we could use the same
spam filter setup. Actually, we could if we had our MTA on its own host
doing relay for Mailman (currently OpenShift doesn't support running an
MTA/relay as they are EC2 based, and EC2 mail relays get blacklisted.)
But that means maintaining our own MTA and spam filter on one of our
hosted VMs indefinitely. Are we prepared to do that?

Part of my questioning is that I haven't run a spam filter service
before, so it's Great Black Hole of Knowledge to me right now.

- Karsten