New ovirt-engine release (3.1.0-4) to fix bug 869457?

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 12:13:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 12:35 +0100, Juan Hernandez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to do a new minor release of ovirt-engine 3.1 in order to
> fix bug 869457.
>
> The new release should include the following changes:
>
> packaging: Updated allinone plugin for new security mode
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/9146
> (cherry picked from commit c833bba55a19b2e2383d532b87c363a7895a8927)
>
> packaging: Minor bugfix release 3.1.0-4
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/9147
>
> Any objection?
>
> Assuming there is no objection who is responsible for doing the build
> once the patches are merged? Who is responsible for uploading the new
> RPMs to ovirt.org? Who is responsible for announcing the new release?

Generally, each component has someone who does the builds.  I believe
it's generally Moran or Ofer for engine.  Posting of the build is
generally done by Ofer, but we have a couple other people who can do
that as well.  As for announcing, that's probably Ofer as well.

What about QE for the new build?  Is there going to be any testing of it
prior to posting?

Mike