Wiki broken

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 15:18:07 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 02:04 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The wiki is broken. It appears that there's a disk full or something -
> when I try to access any wiki page, I get the following error:
>
> Database error
> Jump to: navigation, search
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in
> the software. The last attempted database query was:
>
>     (SQL query hidden)
>
> from within function "SqlBagOStuff::set". Database returned error "1114:
> The table 'mw_objectcache' is full (localhost)".
>
> Special pages still work (kind of) - but I can't review wiki account
> requests. And I can edit pages, but not read them. When you edit a page,
> everything is dynamically created, so we don't hit the object cache.
> However, I can't save edits.
>
> Who has access to the server? The ideal would be admin access to the
> wiki database, but even shell access to the server to clean up the disk
> would be helpful.

This was probably not a full database but a full disk, looks like
someone has cleaned it up already or one of the cronjobs took care of it
since then? 1.9G are back available.

I pulled 500 MB of log files last week, and can adjust the backup
scripts to keep only the past 5 days. I've noticed the wiki database and
files are continuing to grow at a rate of about 2 MB total each day. I
reckon it's RPMs and such that grow more rapidly apiece than the wiki
database is.

What this means: When we have the wiki off that server within the next
week (which we should be able to do), that means we're only going to
have ~200 MB additional free on that box.

We're going to find our way out of this soon enough, it's just tight
times until we get all the new hosting rolled out.

- Karsten