Proposal to adding new 'project job power users' to jenkins.ovirt.org

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 17:11:08 UTC 2012

Recently i've been asked for various jobs or settings on jenkins.ovirt.org.

These are specific project related jobs for an ovirt project (this time it was 'vdsm').

I want to propose that we'll assign 'power users' per project, so requests won't hold back in queue (i'm not always available and it will take time
until we'll have more people helping out in infra).

power users will have permissions to:

1. configure jobs
2. create jobs
3. run jobs
4. trigger gerrit manual

they WON'T be able to:

1. add/configure slaves
2. manage jenkins configuration
3. delete jobs
4. install plugins.

to start things going, i propose Saggi Mizrahi (smizrahi at redhat.com) as a power user for VDSM.
saggi has been part of the vdsm project from day 1 and is a very active member of the project since then.
he has knowledge in Jenkins and have created and configured jobs in the past.

thoughts?

Eyal Edri.