To /wiki or not to /wiki

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 17:17:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 11/14/2012 05:18 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> C. All site URLs are in the form of http://ovirt.org/Page_name

I prefer this.

> Links from anywhere in the site that point to "the wiki" should point to
> a landing page e.g. [[OVirt wiki]] that organizes the pages on the wiki,
> exposing popular categories, etc. Thus, "the wiki" is not identified by
> a specific URL, it is identified by the type of content on the page - is
> it intended to be community documentation (a wiki) by it's category.

Yes, my concerns were mostly around the way that "wiki" has become
synonymous in open source circles with "editable website", and if we
avoided using the word altogether that we might lose some community
editing energy.

Once we have a clear path to becoming an editor, awareness that the
website is a wiki that can be edited, and a way to protect certain pages
from editing (which we do), then I'm happy.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13