Fwd: Cron <root at linode01> /root/bin/mediawiki-backup.sh

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 08:42:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

The suggestion I made yesterday on IRC concerning these emails was to
strip the leading / from filenames in the back-up script (I am assuming
that we have a list of files to back up, and that they are provided in a
file list provided to -T or --files-from - get files to archive from
filename) and provide -C / as an argument (that is, set working
directory to / for the archival).

Obviously, without access to the backup script, it's hard to recommend a
specific fix. Is mediawiki-backup.sh in source control somewhere?

Thanks!
Dave.