Minutes :: Infra weekly sync :: 20121119

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Sat Nov 24 18:35:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 08:00:28AM -0800, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> Action Items, by person
> -----------------------
> * ewoud
>   * ewoud to reply to existing thread "Moving Jenkins to Alter Way
>     Hosting" with details about the networking needs

There's some life in the discussion again.

>   * ewoud to build a POC for playing around with Foreman

I've set up https://foreman.ekohl.nl/ and documented some things[1] on
but it's missing quite a few things. First off all I still need to set
up DNS and DHCP. Also the provisioning templates are just the defaults
which imho are too bloated.  Lastly I also want to work on the puppet
modules I started to write[2].

Later this evening I'm going to set up DHCP and DNS; see if I can set up
some VMs to play with.

Please do poke me on IRC if you want an account for foreman and/or the
VMs.

[1]: https://github.com/ekohl/foreman-howto
[2]: https://github.com/ekohl/ovirt-infra-puppet