Moving Jenkins to AlterWay Hosting

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Sun Nov 25 12:08:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 02:07:21AM -0500, Eyal Edri wrote:
>  Karsten 'quiad' Wade wrote:
> > One question is, are we running plain KVM or will we try an oVirt
> > setup on any of these?
>
> I'd say let's eat our dogfood (but only stable one :)
> Let's decide on the most stable oVirt version we have till now and use
> it to manage it. It will show the community we have confidence in the
> product and will surely be easier to manage with webadmin rather than
> virsh/kvm.

While I haven't actually tried oVirt on a single system, it feels like
quite some overhead. But dogfooding is good and I do see benefits in the
API.

Let's look ahead and suppose we get more physical machines but in
different datacenters; could we use the same oVirt to manage those
phyiscal machines and would we want to? If so that's a huge plus for
oVirt.

> and it'll give us a chance to integration foreman with ovirt and
> jenkins :)

+1 on this integration (though plain libvirt gives us quite some as
well).